Have you decided that Instagram is the next step for your social media presence? Then let’s make it among those that are worth being visited.
How to showcase cool things
Instagram tries to stay on top of the social media platforms and gives you all the tools to help you post cool stuff. This helps both personal accounts and professional ones, better communicate their message or story.
The first impression of how cool your Instagram account is, is made by your bios. Bios is the first thing your visitors will see when they open your page. For this you should make sure to use your name or your company’s name. It is a proof that the account actually belongs to you and that is actually what people will be searching for when looking for your page. Make sure this part of your Instagram account showcases your uniqueness among others. The link in your bio is an opportunity to show you followers’ more cool stuff on your professional page. Apart from the above, in your bio you can add emojis to make the text flow easier and give it a sense of fun and your branded hashtag. This is how your personality will be perceived – before even going further at the posts.
In December Instagram added the creative tools for the holidays. These can be used for stories, for lives, for making funny videos, adding face filters and stickers. The superzoom feature that allows you to create funny videos is still available at the moment. It is found under the record button next t “Boomerang” and tapping the music icon will let you choose the sound – Bounce, TV show or Beats. The face filters addition allows you to add make up change voices and many more things; while the stickers have been a great addition to show the holidays spirit.
If stories are a part of your Instagram daily use, the new type mode introduced in January offers one the possibility to share anything that is on your mind without having to use a photo or video. The “Type” mode in stories helps you share with creative backgrounds and text styles. If you want you can add your background photo of course.
The coolest newest addition is the GIF option from the stories. This enables you to add a cool sticker for anything you may possibly want to your story. Just search what you need and it will find great ideas for you. This will make your video or photo creative and funny. What is great about them is that they can convey your thoughts in a most accurate manner and you don’t have to say or do nothing about it.
The quotes we use to appeal to our audience are and will remain a cool option to create engagement and followers. It is not about posting them daily, but from time to time, posting something that you stand for or that describe your values will make a great cool addition to your page. You can either make this on your laptop or just have an app installed on the mobile device and do everything from there.
Keeping it cool means keeping it funny at the same time. Engage people with funny posts; let’s say on Fridays. Fridays as people are happier on Fridays, are more eager to taste a joke and will better understand where you’re coming from.
Be unique in your Instagram posts. Having a designer eye means you can try and come up with cool pencil illustrations. They will worth your time.
Using the mosaic effect on Instagram will make your page stand out as a cool one for sure. This effect offers a kind of a teaser image and makes you want to see the full photo and discover what that part is all about. This is really a cool effect that catches my eyes all the time.
While not so easily used is the behind the scenes posts. These are always intriguing but one cannot always find what to post. Clients love to see the backstage, is like giving them the front row with no filter. If you have a business going on, think about this. It might give you more rewards than you may think.
Cool events are a great topic for cool posts on Instagram. Attending a special event is worth mentioning on your page, as long as it is in accordance with what your page stands for.
There are a lot of cool things to post on Instagram. The idea is to know that you are the one that makes them stand out.
As you just saw how to showcase cool things, let’s learn how to put these in a theme.
Crafting a beautiful Instagram feed
Making the most out of your Instagram feed is done if you look at your account as a whole. It is important to think before you post something about how it will look next to your other photos. In order to achieve this, you have to be loyal to the same filters when editing your photos and things will go on the right path.
Strategy is crucial to keep in mind. If you find that some of your early posts do not comply to others, you can refresh your feed from time to time, delete what you think does not make sense and then post other images. In the end you will find a consistent theme.
You can find some online help to maintain consistency in your posts. This comes at a price but as long as you want the best for your page it is important to invest in it. They will help you on long run. They will create you a cohesive feed that will bring you followers, likes and comments.
Some of the templates are:
- Holiday mini Instagram templates – this is ideal for blog style like and it works for both Instagram and Facebook. You should have a little Photoshop knowledge to manage it as the elements it has are all editable in Photoshop. Look for Holiday Mini Instagram Templates 005 by Salsal Design.
- If you handle a fashion Instagram page you could opt for the Instagram advertisement banner. This template is editable and you can change fonts, colors etc. It comes with a five page fashion template. You can find it by Instagram Advertisement Banners-V381 name.
- Having an online store? There is the Instagram Commerce pack you can choose to showcase your items, to alert customers on discounts or even to spice it up a little bit. It is useful as once bought you can use it on any social media site. It is made by Tugcu Design.
- For only 7 euros you can opt for buying 12 templates for Instagram. Stuff By Ashlea offers them and they can be used for both personal and professional use. The simple drag and drop action help you create beautiful images for your account.
- There are various social media booster kits to choose from. Pixelbuddha offers them and they come with smart layers and free fonts, with very lively colors, deep accents and many more. People can use them for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts as well.
- If you look for something more elegant you can choose the Lifestyle social pack. You receive neutral colors from these templates and elegance and you can use them for different social media accounts. Blossom is the one that offers them.
- The Paris social media pack will offer you more from your templates, including access to free Google fonts and images. If you search the Ruben Stom templates for social media you can easily find these.
While there are more templates like the above, even the Instagram ultimate pack V1 or others; you should know that they all come at a price and that you should read carefully when purchasing one, to see what image editor it opens with, if it is accepted by Instagram, what users comments it has etc.
Growing your Instagram account to have that Insta – fame when you get hundreds of likes for a post, is not impossible. What you have to do is within yourself, is staying true to your stories, treating your account with professionalism, being consistent and staying updated with the Instagram changes. Use everything Instagram comes with and your Instagram page will look flawless and ready for its followers.