What is your Instagram page all about? What do you want it to represent? How do you want it to represent yourself and your business? Do you want to be the face of your account or just the name? Do you want your face to be known and recognized? How can you transmit through it all that you and your business stand for? What is your branding strategy? Do you want to showcase products or creativity?
These are all questions that one should put when opening an Instagram page for one’s own business. The more questions and the more detailed answers you give yourself beforehand, the clearer it will be for you to see how you will move forward.
Start by defining the role Instagram plays for your business.
Instagram can bring brand awareness, can bring leads and clicks to your website, can create engagement, can increase sales and can also bring a lot of fun along the way. Apart from the key take out of your Instagram role, you should remember that it is important to have fun while doing it as this will show in everything you do.
Important tips for your Instagram page:
- 2 main keywords Instagram uses are your username and the Instagram name. these are the ones that will appear when someone is looking for you.
- Create the best Instagram bio you can. This is the one that convinces people to click the “follow” button. Target the audience with keywords and hashtags, put a link to your website or blog, make sure to show up there, your true personality and you can even create your business own hashtag in the promoting bio.
- Sketch your ideal follower. Create a follower’s profile by asking as many questions as you need to be able to identify the people you want to interact with. This will make it easier for you to create the content they need and engage with.
- Instagram is not just about posting, is about engaging as well. Make sure you engage just as or even more than you actually post. Stay updated with the comments from your posts and respond to them, like the other followers posts and comment on them , engage with your followers by using DM’s and as well try to find new followers.
- Hashtags are more important than you realize. They can even help you in finding new followers if you use them the right way. Take a few minutes per day to search a hashtag that is relevant to you and your page and like or even comment on people’s posts that contain that hashtag. When posting something use as many hashtags as possible that relate to your post – but no more than 30. Try to use some hashtags that have more than 100,000 posts.
- Build trust. Trust is important in any social media interaction. If you succeeded in building trust within your followers they will come back and engage with your posts more. You can build trust by making sure you post on a constant basis, by posting quality and showing value in your posts.
- Create an Instagram routine. You can make sure your posts are constant by creating an Instagram routine. It does not have to run your life, no worries. All it takes is some organizing skills that will enable you to be online for an hour or how much you decide daily. Make sure you cover that time when your fellow “instagrammers” are online and can interact with them.
- Consistency of your posts can showcase your professionalism. The “Preview” app can help you schedule your content and show you how it will look like before it gets out there for everyone to see.
- Have a content plan. This will help with your page consistency as well. There are many topics to choose from when posting on Instagram. However try to minimize the number of topics to the most 3 and stick to them; for eg. fashion + travel + life. Having a content plan will help you post relevant topics and engage interested people.
- Be unique. Uniqueness is what draws followers. Do not try to copy other’s photos or feed, just stay true to yourself. This goes hand in hand with your account’s values and what you stand for. You will be better recognized and appreciated by having a unique content.
- Post bright and clear photos. Everyone wants quality and by making sure your photos are bright and clear, you respect the Instagram community needs.
- Reach out to giveaways. When wanting to build more brand awareness try the giveaways. This is a great opportunity to increase your brand awareness and connect with new people. Make it fun : “Tell me why you like this…””Answer the following question…” “Report this post on …” and there are many more ideas out there. Anyhow make sure you are not make it very hard for them. As they might get bored along the line. (It happened to me, as some giveaways .. are like …”for this follow X … then follow Y … then follow Z …” this is a no – no ….of how to implement a giveaway idea)
If you follow the above tips you will have a successful Instagram page.
Moreover, the Instagram people thought of coming in your help with the Instagram Algorithm. This was very bad received at first, if I may say that, but Instagram knew what it was doing. It did it all for you.
What does Instagram Algorithm do?
While back in the old days you logged in your Instagram account and you could see the latest feed of whoever shared the latest, nowadays with the help of this algorithm you will see those feeds that are of most interest to you and your page.
It figures out what type of content is what you care for and puts it on the top of your feed.
It creates more engagement as people see only want they are interested in.
To be able to use this algorithm at its best you should know that relationship ship is also a factor that is important to it. It also works by taking the people you engage with more often, the people you relate to, those will be the ones that will appear more in your news feed. Time is no longer an enemy for you. By using this algorithm, posts will have a longer life and for a global user, it makes it easier to reach people from US or from a different time zone, as the posts will last longer on a person’s news feed.
Kevin Systrom, Instagram’s co-founder and CEO himself told to the New York times people: “What this is about is making sure that the 30 percent you see is the best 30 percent possible.” So no worries, Instagram knows what it is doing.
Quality, Hashtags and Engagement = Followers