Facebook is the largest social network worldwide. This is one of the main things to think about when you plan your marketing advertising strategy.
Advertising on Facebook will bring you more views than any other of its competitors.
According to some reports, Facebook ads will generate more views than its next 3 largest competitors. Anyhow, this result is attained if you use the advertising on Facebook in an effective manner.
To make sure you do this, there are two possibilities to choose from: either you handle your own Facebook ads or you go and hire a Facebook advertising agency. Both solutions need research – first to know the most important thing to be attentive at when putting ads on Facebook and second to know the best advertising agencies that exist out there and can get you the best ROI from your ads.
What is a Facebook ad?
A good Facebook ad will bring the expected outcome which you have set in advance. There are three ad formats to choose from:
- Right column
- Desktop news feed
- Mobile news feed
While the right column Facebook ads are the most used ones and they are found in the news feed, the desktop news feed or mobile news feed are the ones that bring more engagement but they are also more expensive. Basically those are centered and appear just like any other post on a Facebook page.
Then there are various types of Facebook ads:
- Photo FB ads
- Video FB ads
- Slideshow FB ads
- Facebook carousel ads
- Facebook collection ads
- Facebook canvas ads
- Facebook lead ads
When making your own Facebook ads you should choose what best suits what you want to convey and the target people you want to attract.
Targeting your Facebook ads is not that hard as Facebook comes with a targeting system that helps you do this.
However you must pay well attention to it and make the selection furrow, so that it returns the right results.
Before starting out there is one more thing to know, the Facebook ad character limit. You can see below the recommended limits:
- For a Facebook link ad, the text should have 90 characters, the headline, 25 and the link description at most 30 characters.
- For a Facebook video ad, the number of characters is just like above. What is important to know about Facebook video as is that it is very engaging, as people would rather look at a video than click on a link and read the full ad.
- The Facebook image ads are the most popular ones. Their ideal character limit is of 90 characters for text, 40 characters for headline and 20 characters for the link description.
- The Facebook canvas ad character ideal numbers are for the body of the text 500 characters and for the button text 30 characters.
- The Facebook Collection ad is the ad that showcases multiple products in it. There is just a scroll right and left button that goes through all of them. Usually they are created with Facebook power editor. The headline for these is recommended to be of 25 characters.
While the above are the recommended character limit, one should also be aware that there is some maximum character limit as well. The Facebook post character limit is of 63,206 characters, the Facebook username character limit is of 50 characters, the Facebook page description of 155 characters while the Facebook comments of 8,000 characters. This is good to know, but not good to use.
As for the Facebook Ad photo, it should be 100 pixels width and 72 pixels height. It is better to make sure there are no blank spots when uploading the image, this is why is good to make the photo in this size. You can use Canva for doing this for example.
When putting an image to a post, the image should be a square one, sized 90 pixels width with 90 pixels height.
If you want to make an update to a Facebook post, make sure to have between 40 to 80 characters. This way people will see it without having to click more to see the entire update. Anyhow, it is better to keep it neither too short nor too long, just stick in the middle as it is the best choice in this case.
You know how the online things are; once it goes viral there is nothing else for you to do.
This is why it is important to know the below tips when creating your own Facebook ad:
- Be visual. No matter what type of visual, image or video, make sure you upload quality, something compelling that would make others look at and something that describes you as a brand.
- Make it relevant. The more relevant it is for you, the wiser choice of spending your money.
- Have a clear call to action button. CTA is important to encourage people to click on your add.
- In making your statement, try and imagine how the users will feel after using your product, brand etc. Make a believable proposition.
- Take into consideration to use a memorable tagline.
- Use simple verbs of action. This will give people a push.
- Create your own social media hashtag for promotion encouragement. Keep it attractive and short.
- Pay great attention to details, for example the colors you use. Make them mean something for your business and your line of products.
While the above is important to know when creating your own ads, is less important to know when choosing a Facebook agency to handle the ads for you. In making your researches about this type of agency make sure:
- They know what using 3rd party tools for Facebook ads are. Things like Qwaya, Ampush or even Facebook Power Editor are something they heared about.
- They know what Facebook Conversion Pixel is and they actually use it. The Facebook Conversion Pixel is actually a code that can have a big impact on your Facebook ad campaign. Once used, it allows you to track conversions, remarket to people that have viewed a product on your site, create lookalike audiences and many more useful things.
- See if they use good quality images when making Facebook ads.
- Are they on top of the Facebook changes and updates? Are they aware of blogs such as Loomer, Nanigansm or Facebook announcements?
- They are the ones that can find you new customers, bring you new leads, increase foot traffic, promote the mobile app of your business , target the audience in the rightful manner and offer you reports that prove all the above.
Some of the top Facebook advertising agencies are:
- AdvertiseMint –they are known to specialize in managing the Facebook ads and campaigns focusing on ROI. It does not matter if you are new to the Facebook advertising world, as they promise to help you set up your campaigns properly so that you have an increased ROI. They renew the contract each month, this way they deliver great quality for you, in order to make sure you come back. They have their own aces on their sleeves and they know what Facebook ads is all about. Remarketing old campaigns to the people that already know you exist is something they will do; they will set up a custom audience with the help of the Facebook Pixel; will engage with people online and show your human side and as long as it does well to your business and it makes sense, they will make sure your topic is found on the trending list. After having worked with them you get to leave with some take away to use.
- JumpFly boosts with 15 years of experience in the field. They rule by the idea that the optimization of the campaign is the key to get the best results from your ad campaigns. Their believe is that tests should be done on an ongoing basis to see what that thing which triggers your target audience is. They are in good relationship and have recurrent meetings with Facebook to keep them posted with all the updates going on to the Facebook network.
- Visibility and Conversions is another great company when it comes to Facebook ads. Besides the above, they add the social media contests and giveaways to the table. They believe these are good in attracting new clients and followers and can be implemented cross channel as well. They work with different analytical tools to get the best results according to your social media needs.
- iAnalyst is working for you as if they are a part of your team. They promise to make your Facebook ad bring awareness, connection with clients, new customers, traffic for your website and business, development of the business and next level reach. All the above can be obtained with a good social media ad campaign.
- Voy Media is a smaller company that will handle each client with a one to one closeness and attention. They will help you target only the audience that appreciates your brand.
Digital marketing agencies promise to bring organic growth to your brand. However, isn’t this what everyone is looking for? Of course, but this is kind of hard to obtain. Through their knowledge and experience they will bring this to your business. They will connect with influencers; thing that will bring brand recognition, leads and conversions. They will make sure to create a powerful content and provide the right message to the right people.
Helping in Facebook advertising are the Facebook advertising coupons as well.
This is a Facebook option to use only by those people that have more than 50 likes on their page. For a coupon campaign to be successful it needs to have a clear objective such as awareness – of the brand, by reach, consideration – by getting more traffic, engagement video views and leads generation or conversions, such as sales or store visits.
As there are many Facebook advertising coupons out there, when creating yours you should make sure it will stand out from the others. You can easily create them from the ads create tool. Make sure that you click the advanced option button when creating this type of ad and personalize it with a code, a link etc. the advertising coupons can help you offer discounted prices or lower prices at some products, as an incentive for people. A campaign of this kind should not last for too long as people will lose their interest in a long lasting campaign. .
Before making any Facebook ad viral you have to keep in mind that there is need for test, test and test again. Through testing on different types of audiences you can determine your best target audience. For this there are some Facebook advertising tools that can help you – the Hootsuite Ads or the AsEspresso. While AsEspresso is best suited for smaller companies, Hootsuite Ads can help the bigger players on the market.
Facebook is indeed a great marketing tool and used in its entire capacity it can give you some wonderful results. Nowadays the audience is more demanding and the competition is fierce. Therefore, being creative in social media marketing and providing the highest quality content is imperious.