Social media has come a long way and has developed at a very fast pace. As this awareness increases and the online presence is a must, the need for posting perfect photos increases just the same. Everyone wants when publishing something to have many likes and shares. In the end, those will make the difference between one social media post from another.
As for photo editing concerns there are various online options to choose from, they range from the free options to the paid ones, from the ones you enter and do it yourself, to the editing services where someone else is doing the editing for you, to the big photo editing companies – where you can send hundreds of photos for retouching.
How does free online photo editing work?
First of all you must not underestimate the time it takes for a photo to be edited. It is not like you can do it in a few minutes, there is quite a good time frame to put into it. You have to open the image and take a good look at it and think how it should be changed, try to mark on the picture, or write it down somewhere so that you know what to edit, what not to edit, how to edit and the overall changes that need to be done.
What can you do you actually do to your photo?
You can crop, you can retouch, add effects and filters, add background, enhance the colors and many other things that do not even cross your mind.
How to choose a free online photo editor?
It is important to know that everything that comes for free will give you fewer possibilities to mingle with than a paid online editor will. Anyhow, there are some good ones that will make it worth your while, as long as you do not do intend to participate at a photograph contest or anything like this.
Top free online photo editing websites:
- Fotor is one of the free online photo editing choices that will offer you the possibility to improve your photos and create special effects on them. What does it offer? It comes with a wide range of special effects, “all season’s filters” and some other cool effects to turn a dull image into an image that speaks to one. It is one of those sites that offer you the possibility to upgrade your options at a certain price. Anyhow, for photos that do not intend to be sold or used in very professional environments’, this site is a good option.
- PhotoMania is a great choice for those that do not want to be required to sign in and create an account to be able to try this on. It is enough to have a Facebook account. This will help you to log in and download the edited image from the site. It does not offer so many things, but it is for free – let’s not forget that.
- An easy tool to use and a nice one as well, is the Canva online photo editor. It has both free and paid options. You get more for paid, but the free one is not bad either. I have used it and have been able to do some miracles with the photos I edited. It even allows you to design a filter of your own – if you do not like any of what they offer. Clicking the “advanced options” you can create your personalized filter. They also promise to offer some more exciting filters than the rest of the online photo editors – for example the Nordic one will allow you to give a cooler look to your image; the street filter will give your image the worn color and heavy vignette; while the epic one will give it high contrast colors. Just like any other editor it offers you the possibility to give black and white tones, to give more color to the photos, all in all to completely change the look and feel of a photo. There are extra things you can choose from if you pay a small monthly amount, but free editor is really good enough.
- Fun Photo Box is an online free version I have stumbled upon as well. It comes along with a wide selection of editing possibilities to choose from; the opportunity to turn an image into a funny one and more possibilities to choose from. You can have fun with your photos by adding some great animations to them, by creating cards, putting your face in a hole and becoming a superstar etc. Despite of all the above, and also of the fact that it tries to add new effects from time to time, it has its limitations and it is not such a user friendly site.
- Picture to People is a fast and friendly website to work with. It is important to know that it allows you to set your own properties for each effect. It shows you some examples of how the final result may look like; but at the same time offers the possibility for you to choose the fade level, the line level, the diffusion, the power, the brightness, the color, the style and other properties. The selections are different in accordance to what type of change you want to obtain – sketch, painting, watercolor, cartoon, retro, vintage, black and white etc. If you are a novice, this site offers some tips that you can lead by. Basically it offers these tips at almost every available effect. You have to have a clear image of how you want the final result to look like. If you do not know what you want your photo to look like, take half a day to go through this site to see what it offers. Once the photo is edited, you just click on download and you have it.
- iPiccy is another very good option for those that desire free of charge photo editing. No matter what you have in mind for your photo, it promises to offer an appropriate effect to that that you are looking for. Before getting the final and desired effect do not start throwing whatever you get on the photo. Try all you want on and decide upon those that make your picture look better and say what you want it to. It is a nice site as it offers you both the possibility to add simple effects as well as the more complex ones.
When doing the photo editing yourself, it is important to know that it is not as simple as this. You have to have patience to have a beautiful result in the end. If you do not have that time, you might just as well opt for the editing services that are offered out there.
You might just be surprised of the offers that are on the market and the results they can come up with. What is good about services is that you pay just for what you need, no more and no less. This is what outsourcing the photo editing is all about.
The professional photo editing services can do a lot more than you can do with an online photo editor.
They can do skin retouch, remove stray hair, photo enhancement, make eyes bigger, change hair color, make teeth whiter, change colors of the clothes, change background, remove or add hair etc. The average price for a photo editing service is $5 while some companies may ask for more, such as $7 or even $10 for a photo. It is important to know which ones to choose to get the best results.
Therefore, let’s look at top photo editing services:
- Fix the photo is one of the professional photo retouching services that enables you to have good quality photos at a rather cheap price. Their aim is not to change what the photographer captured and wanted to convey, but to make it better. They can crop, convert, make any color corrections that are necessary, remove extra skin and wrinkles, whiten the teeth, change the eye colors, actually create a make-up, slim the body, remove the stray hair and many more professional photo changing. The price starts from $2. It depends on the complexity of the photo and what you want to change to it. These services are offered worldwide having no limits and no borders. They actually started from the United States but now have outsourced their services all around the world. Depending on your needs, they have the rush service for a 24 hour result or a photo retouching service for a 48 hours result. They promise a dedicated person for your needs only; changes made to the photo free of charge if you are not happy with the final result; they do not outsource the service, they only use their team of professionals to help you with your photo retouching. Any hour of the day or night you place the order, someone will be there to answer you.
- Nude Retouching is one of those services that offer professional skin retouch on the internet. It is not such an expensive service, it costs $5 per photo and you do not have to pay extra for the work to be ready in 35 hours or less. They offer good quality images, what they do not specialize in are the portrait improving part. This is a more tricky option they have not mastered yet.
- Photofix is a good choice if you do not find it difficult to go through their website. While the design of the website is clear and simple enough, the editing levels available are many and this may cause confusion between the photographers. But all in all, these are good services, offered at a normal price range, $5 per photo, in a normal time frame – 40 hours since the order.
- High End / beauty Retouching is a good and easy to use service for photo editing. The minimal cost however is of $10, more than other services. What is important for you to know about it is that it offers high end results and very professional views.
- Color Clipping is a provider which will help you reach the potential of your photos. They serve worldwide and are committed to having the highest quality images as a result. They promise a fast result with the possibility of re-editing the photo if you need to do some more changes to it after delivery. Having a proficiency team they work with, their results sound and look amazing. It is worth to give them a shut.
- Digitaltouch is a company from UK and it offers photo editing services, which offer you great experience at a price to pay. They can do everything you can imagine and more, as they have over 20 years of expertise in the field and are recognized worldwide. A proof of their work is the thing you will start with when making the first order; they edit a pic of your choice, and only after you like it and approve it you can pay for the next work. They offer everything from removing backgrounds, to editing the business images and even restoring old photos.
- Luna Photo Retouch is another company of photo editing services that promises to meet the highest standards. They offer direct contact with the editor in charge of your order; this way you can communicate easier and make him or her understand your specific requirements. Every new project you may have, the photos will be edited by the same editor. This is how they offer consistency and knowledge to all your projects. While they are not 24 hours jobs, they offer a rather fast result – 3-4 working days.
- Retinka offers 24 hour delivery with an unlimited service of revision. If you want your photos to stand out and to have an appealing look, you can try them. They work best with online and offline magazines, eshops, photographers. All in all, they work with people that are aware of the fact that a photo speaks more than a thousands words.
- A rather old company in this business is the KaizenCamera one. They have been working for 16 years now and they provide high quality photos to professionals (agencies, corporations, publishers, photographers) as well as to non professionals that want to give a boost to their images. While they have experience editing people they also offer competitive prices and delivery worldwide. Whether you have just an idea about how the photo should look like and cannot describe it into words, the design colleges graduated people will understand right where you are coming from and offer exactly what you want.
- Invensis Digital Photo Editing Services is another good option for those looking high quality processed photos. They offer photos retouching, photo restoration, image clipping, 360 – degree panorama stitching and many more things you can think of. Their quick turnaround time and high quality results are two things that recommend them as a service provider. They have more than 10 years of experience and they offer global services. Being a big company offers them the possibility of editing over 10000 photos a day. Any questions you may have, they have a 24/7 customer support they offer to all their clients.
Whilst we live in a digital world, having experts to help us with our social media accounts is a blessing. There are those that would rather do it themselves – this is why you can see above the free online photo editing sites. And then, there are those that would rather pay a professional photo editing services company – and you can see above some of the well-known and appreciated companies in the field.
In whichever category you may find yourself, always check the photo twice. This way you will make sure you have done all the right changes to it.